Saturday, May 30, 2009

Time Traveling (or "What I SHOULD have done on my summer vacation")

I just spent the morning sitting in the shade at my sister's house helping with a garage sale. I had a few things for sale, mostly books. One of the few other things I had was a little souvenir bell my husband bought a couple of years ago when we lived in Delaware. I had just had shoulder surgery and was propped up in bed. He got the bell from a local convenience store so he could fetch and carry stuff for me to the bedroom. So sweet of him. That little bell got me thinking of traveling to Delaware and of the other vacations we've taken.

I am really bad about buying souvenirs - as in I pretty much never buy them. I realize now it is probably not a good idea to rely on my brain to keep track of vacation memories. I wish I'd gotten more of the fun little doo-dads for sale in tourist shops. I love doing the touristy things when we travel, so why should the keepsake part of traveling be any different. If I could go back in time, here are some of the goodies I might have gotten from previous vacations. Granted they are all vintage so some might even be older than I am, but if we're time-traveling here why not go all-out?


Vintage New York City Souvenir Flip Calendar via Bellalulu




Colorado Souvenir Plate via Going Quackers




Dutch Liquor Bottle - Windmills and Tulips via Erratic Habits Vintage




Vintage Mexican Bird via Elizabeth Wren Vintage

No comments:

Post a Comment